Many homeowners rely on boilers to heat their homes when temperatures begin to dip during the winter months. Unfortunately, boilers don’t last forever, and they don’t always work the way they’re supposed to. To ensure that your home stays warm and comfortable, no matter how low the outdoor temperature may fall, you need to stay on top of boiler maintenance and invest in replacement when necessary. Here are several signs you can look for to help you determine when you need boiler replacement in Taylor, MI:
- Low water pressure: Low water pressure can be caused by a boiler that is not effectively heating water in your home. It’s also possible that low water pressure could be caused by a broader issue with your plumbing, so you should check your water main and cold water taps first before isolating the issue to your boiler. If it appears that the problem is coming from your boiler, it might be because there is a leak in your system or your boiler simply needs to be repaired.
- No hot water: If you aren’t getting any hot water from your plumbing system, it’s likely your boiler isn’t working the way it’s supposed to. You should first check the thermostat on your boiler to ensure that it’s set to the proper temperature, then you should check your boiler’s pressure gauge. If you are unable to correct the issue on your own, you should reach out to a plumber for assistance.
- Lack of heating: If you aren’t getting effective heating functionality from your boiler, you might have a big problem on your hands. You should consider investing in duct and vent cleaning and maintenance to rule out the possibility of an air obstruction, and then have your boiler inspected for damage or extensive wear and tear. After about 10 to 15 years, you will likely need boiler replacement in Taylor, MI, so consider the age of your boiler when you’re trying to address repair issues.
- Odd or excessive noises: If your boiler is making a lot of loud, banging noises, there are a couple of things that might be at play. One issue might be that your pipes are not aligned properly, causing them to knock together. Another possible issue is that your pump is failing and needs to be replaced. You should consult a plumber to determine the source of your particular problem.
- Inconsistent pilot light: It’s not uncommon for your pilot light to go out every once in a while, like on a particularly drafty day, but you shouldn’t ignore a pilot light that’s constantly going out. This can be caused by several different things, including corrosion in your boiler or accumulation of debris on your pilot light. Regardless of the root cause, you should
Learn more about boiler replacement in Taylor, MI
You can find out more about boiler replacement in Taylor, MI and get professional advice about your boiler by contacting the team at Kaltec Heating & Cooling. We can inspect your heating and cooling appliances to help you determine whether repairs or replacement are necessary. Regardless of what your specific needs and concerns may be, our team is here to provide you with high-quality heating and cooling services that you can always rely on. Give us a call today to learn more about everything we have to offer.
Categorised in: Boilers