Just like every appliance in your home, your air conditioner will eventually need to be replaced. If it’s properly installed and well maintained each year, your AC unit can last anywhere from 10 to 15 years. Sadly, unlike fine wines, air conditioners tend to get worse with age and run into a variety of issues that necessitate air conditioning repair in Taylor, MI. This post will cover everything you need to know about replacing that old AC!
Signs that it’s time to replace it
Besides your AC simply not turning on, there are a couple of signs that tell you it’s time to give in and buy a new unit. If you notice any of the following symptoms, it’s time to talk to a pro about replacing your AC:
- Old age: As mentioned above, today’s ACs can last up to 15 years. However, they’re typically not covered under warranty at that point. Even if your old AC seems to be working well, you may want to consider replacing it so that you can have another warranty that’ll cover any major repairs.
- Rising operating costs: As units age, they tend to use up more electricity than they should, meaning that you’re more likely to see sky-high energy bills. Additionally, older air conditioners can cost a lot more to repair than newer ones. If you’re sick of paying an arm and a leg for repairs every year, it’s time to bite the bullet and get a new unit.
- Warmer air: Over time, your AC could start to produce less-than-cool air. That’s obviously no good! Call a specialist right away if you notice that the air coming out of your vents is warmer than it should be.
Benefits of replacement
Though shelling out a few thousand dollars for a new unit isn’t fun, air conditioner replacement in Taylor, MI does have a number of advantages. Here are a few of them:
- Lower energy bills: New air conditioners are much more energy efficient than old models. You could save yourself a fortune over time by replacing your old AC with a new, energy-efficient unit!
- Reduce carbon footprint: Newer units are also much better for the environment than old ones, since they don’t require as much energy to run. You can help Mother Nature by replacing your old unit with a “greener” air conditioner today.
- Less expensive repairs: The costs associated with fixing an old air conditioner are often quite a bit higher compared to repairing a newer model. Though you’ll obviously have to pay for it up front, you’ll save a lot of money in the long run on repairs if you replace your new unit now.
Whether you have a 15-year-old AC or one that’s on the newer end of the spectrum but not working as well, be sure to turn to Kaltec Heating & Cooling for help! From repairs to air conditioner replacement in Taylor, MI, we do it all. Give us a call today to learn how we can help you.
Categorised in: Air Conditioners